LANDICHENKO VIKTOR FYODOROVICH
sergeant a participant in World War II, Full cavalier of the Order of Glory (March 27, 1965)
Born February 12, 1922 in the village of Mikhailovo, now Liozno district, Vitebsk region of Belarus, in a peasant family. Belorussian. Primary education, graduated from school number 4 in the city of Vitebsk.
He worked as a painter at a railway station in Tashkent.
In the Red Army since August 12, 1942. In February 1943 he graduated from the Tashkent Infantry School and was sent to the army.
He fought on the Western, Voronezh, Bryansk and 1st Baltic fronts. Active participant in the Battle of Kursk and the liberation of Belarus. On the night of July 3-4, 1944, in the area of the city of Polotsk, Vitebsk Region, Belarus, as part of a group of scouts, captured a motorcycle and captured a Hitler officer. The commander of the detachment of the 92nd separate reconnaissance company (90th Guards Rifle Division, 43rd Army, 1st Baltic Front) on the night of August 11, 1944 crossed the Memel River at the town of Dvorgole, located twenty-eight kilometers southeast of Latvia the city of Bauska, burst into an enemy trench and eliminated five Hitlerites from a machine gun.
By order of the 90th Guards Rifle Division of August 28, 1944, he was awarded the Order of Glory of the 3rd degree “For courage and bravery shown in battles”.
On August 31, 1944, acting with a group of fighters, penetrated the enemy rear in the vicinity of the Ozolini-Meleleishi settlement, fifty kilometers south of the Latvian city of Ogre, where they captured a non-commissioned officer and blew up three enemy machine-gun points with their calculations with grenades.
By order of the 4th shock army of September 24, 1944, he was awarded the Order of Glory of the 2nd degree “For courage and bravery shown in battles”.
On the night of September 18, 1944, together with other scouts, broke into the village of Vecmuiza (25 kilometers southwest of the Latvian city of Ogre), where they destroyed machine-gun crews, which prevented the advance of the Soviet infantry.
By order of the 4th shock army of October 10, 1944, for courage and bravery shown in battles, he was awarded (repeatedly) the Order of Glory of the 2nd degree.
In 1945, demobilized. He lived in the city of Vitebsk.
By a decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR of March 27, 1965, he was re-awarded the Order of Glory of the 1st degree “For the exemplary performance of command assignments in battles with Nazi invaders”.
But the order was awarded to the honored veteran only two years later, in 1967.
He died on March 31, 1980. He was buried at the Mazurinsky cemetery in Vitebsk.