guard staff sergeant, a participant of the Second World War Full cavalier of the Order of Glory (June 7, 1968)
Born on June 15, 1924 in the village of Auval now in the Ferghana district of the Ferghana region in a peasant family. Tajik. He graduated from 7 classes. He worked on a collective farm. In the Red Army since 1942.
In the battles of World War II from October 1943. Charging the 45 mm gun of the 86th Guards Fighter and Anti-Tank Division (82nd Guards Rifle Division, 8th Guards Army, 1st Belorussian Front) on August 20, 1944, south-east of the city of Warka (Poland), together with a gunner under the artillery and with mortar fire he destroyed two medium tanks of the enemy from the cannon, then, as part of the battery, participated in repelling the attack of the enemy’s armored vehicles.
By order of the commander of the 82nd Guards Rifle Division of August 23, 1944, Junior Sergeant Jamalov was awarded the Order of Glory of the 3rd degree for the courage shown in battles with the enemy.
On January 14-19, 1945, when breaking through the enemy’s defense in depth north of the city of Radom (Poland) and liberating the city of Lodz, he destroyed three machine guns, an anti-tank gun and more than 10 enemy soldiers.
By order of the 8th Guards Army of March 4, 1945, Sergeant Jamalov was awarded the Order of Glory of the 2nd degree.
In the street battles for Berlin on April 29 – May 1, 1945, the 107th Guards Fighter Anti-Tank Artillery Regiment (8th Separate Fighter Anti-Tank Artillery Brigade, 3rd Shock Army, 1st Belorussian Front) directly destroyed two guns, suppressed two machine-gun points, eliminated the infantry platoon, and, as part of the battery, repelled two enemy counterattacks.
By order of the 3rd Shock Army of June 8, 1945, the Guard Sergeant Dzhamalov was re-awarded the Order of Glory of the 2nd degree. On June 7, 1968 he was re-awarded the Order of Glory of the 1st degree.
Demobilized in 1947. He returned to his homeland. He worked as an agronomist in sericulture at the state farm “Fergana”. He lived in the village of Damkul.